Saturday, December 15, 2012

Steve - 4.1

So the other day I stubbed my toe against my bed. The very same toe that I had surgery on last year. It turned brown after a few hours and I was hoping that it wasn't broken again. After 6 days it seemed to be mostly healed so I went for an easy 4. It hurt a little bit but I think it's healing. I had been running 2-3 times a week for a few months now. Usually about 3-4 miles per run. I thought it would be a good time for me to return to writing on the blog again after this incident. Because it reminded me how much it sucks that I couldn't run for so long after the initial injury. And then once I could run I developed other minor nagging injuries that never seem to go away. So I'm just glad I can still run some. My perspective has changed a lot and I started playing other sports and lifting weights to get more balance. I miss being "fast" (relatively by my standards) but all things considered things are pretty good. Anyways, this is my first of hopefully many more entries this year and next!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting back out there! I haven't gone on an actual run in awhile, but I'm doing my best to get exercise 3 times a week between basketball and doing exercises on the track. Merry Christmas Some Runners!

    ReplyDelete