Sunday, March 3, 2013

Luke - 12.5

12.5mi, 1:43:55 (8:18)
Sunday morning long run.  There were three of us to start, but Thomas stayed on the flats so most of the run was just me and another guy named Andrew.  He said he was up for hills even though he hadn't done many lately, so I took him up and down a lot of good ones.  Up Fox Hollow (9:10) then over to Dillard, then out under the power lines to LCC, then across 30th and took the short way back to the start of Relentless Hills, then back on 25th and 24th to the high school where we'd started (I also ran the half-mile to and from my house).  He definitely had a hard time with the hills but said he didn't mind, and that he'd like to do them more often.  When we got to the area next to the golf course near the end of the run I warned him about how easy it was to fall, and then like 30 seconds later he fell in the mud.  It was pretty funny (I've fallen there more than a dozen times, it doesn't hurt or anything).  I would have liked to go farther, but I was getting pretty tight by the end of the run, and then after standing at his car talking for a few minutes I was definitely done.  I might go longer than this on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment