Monday, August 19, 2013

Chris - 8

72:45 - 9:05 pace

I took almost 2 weeks off from running for the wedding and honeymoon, and with Hood to Coast coming up this Fri/Sat I really wanted to get in a run that was longer than my longest leg (7.68). Here is the course map. I am doing legs 5, 17, and 29. The last one is definitely the hardest - possibly the most difficult leg there is. I started out this out & back pretty easy because I just wanted to get in the miles (after doing 19 total last week). I picked it up on the way back though. I think my split was about 27:10 and 25:24. The route I did is pretty hilly too, so I'm happy with the 9 min pace. I figure that's good for 8 to 8:30 pace for my H2C legs. I'm planning on doing an easy 3 miler on Wednesday to shake out my legs before our first leg at 12:30pm at Timberline on Friday. Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Am I high or do your splits add up to 52:34 instead of 72:45?
    Anyway have fun at Hood To Coast! I hear it's a blast, I really gotta do it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no you're right. They were in the 30's then. My point was that I had a big negative split. Thanks! I had an awesome time when I did it two years ago. I'll have to blog about it this time.

    ReplyDelete