Saturday, August 24, 2013

Luke - 17.25

17.25mi, 2:28:27 (8:36)
Worked 9-3 today, and after work I headed up and parked at the East end of Ridgeline.  Took the trail West, went up and summited the Butte, came down and continued on Ridgeline to Dillard road.  Went down the road and up the trail to the top of Mount Baldy, where I had a gel, then continued to Sping Blvd, came back around Baldy, down the fun trail, and over a short hill, where I stopped and ate a few blackberries off the bushes.  Went over and did the stream crossing, went down to the road where there's a cooler of water and had a couple cups (and poured some over my head), then went hard up Fox Hollow (goal was sub-8 and I hit 7:55) and did as best I could over the last four miles back to the car.

The run went really well, and it was my longest since the marathon, I do believe.  Afterwards I felt sore but full of energy, like I want to race someone because I feel like I'm in shape or invincible or something.  When I got home I had two beers, and then went to Laughing Planet and got two burritos and a pint of cider.

1 comment:

  1. Two burritos and a pint of cider! DAMN!

    Then I flicked over to Facebook and saw that you made an event called "Help me drink my weight in beer!," literally 4 minutes ago. Why is your life so good?

    ReplyDelete