Sunday, August 18, 2013

Luke - 15

15mi, 1:43:22 (6:53)
Went out to a long gravel road next to a lake with about 7 others for a long run.  The group I was running with on the way out started at about 7:20 pace and I felt good enough to go with them.  We were down to 7:00 or better by the time I turned around, and on the way back we picked it up a bit more and were hitting 6:40s or so.  Splits were 52:46 on the way out and 50:35 on the way back.
Afterward we went to a diner for breakfast where they have giant pancakes.  I hadn't eaten breakfast with this group before so they predicted I wouldn't finish one pancake.  I finished it (it had strawberries and whipped cream too!) and corned beef hash and eggs, and then the other person who had ordered a pancake couldn't finish it so I had the end of his, too.  We were talking to the owner of the place and she said if I can eat three it would be the record and I'd get my picture on the wall, a T-shirt, and a pancake a month for a year...so I think we're gonna go back in a month or so and see if I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I was already hungry. You make me want to be gluttonous in the best possible way with your appetite.

    ReplyDelete