Thursday, September 5, 2013

Luke - 7

19' warmup, then worked out with the Flyers.  The workout was called The Predator, which is basically everyone starts at the same place and time and runs for a certain amount of time, then after some rest everyone starts at the same time again, from where they stopped, back towards the start, the idea being everyone should end up getting back to the start line at the same time.  We ran on Hayward Field.  The plan was to do two sets of 3 minutes out, 3 minutes back, 2 out, 2 back, and 1 out, 1 back.  The paces were supposed to be 10k pace, 5k pace, and mile pace, which seemed fast to me.  The first couple times I was much faster on the way back, since I had a lot of people to chase.  Between the two sets I was feeling pretty rough, for one thing because it was really humid.  I told the coach I thought the pace seemed tough for so much volume and he quietly told me the workout was impossible on paper, but that for the kinds of skill levels that make up most of the people at the workouts, it was a good way to get them to run hard.  So I didn't feel so bad about feeling so bad.  Anyway on the second time going 3 minutes out I knew where I'd finished the first time and as I was getting there I started slowing down and looked at my watch to see 1:37, and I was like WTF? and realized I'd miscounted laps on a 2.25-lap interval.  On the 2 minutes out my stomach was hurting a bit, and pretty much as soon as I started the 2 minutes back I was unable to run hard.  I ended up just running the 300m to the bathroom, and that was the end of the workout for me.  I wasn't able to run much so my cooldown was about 10 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of running.

1 comment:

  1. I always get jealous whenever I read a post where you mentioned running with the Flyers.

    ReplyDelete