Monday, July 22, 2013

Luke - 9.25

9.25mi, 67:22 (7:16)
Headed out for a solid-effort Fox Hollow.  The field between my house and the track is under construction (they're putting in a softball field) so I had to go around on the way out and the way back.  Also my stomach was hurting a bit coming down Fox Hollow so I added the stream crossing so I could take a pitstop off a lesser-used section of trail.  So those two things are where the extra half-mile came from.  7:39 up Fox Hollow and was feeling pretty good, and then after getting my stomach back on track I started out near 6:00 pace on Rexius.  A bit later, though, the beating sun, the headwind, and a few other things all caught up to me and I could barely move.  Felt like my legs weren't attached to my body.  Was pretty dehydrated (I wasn't wearing a shirt, which probably made it worse) even after stopping at a couple drinking fountains in the last mile and a half.  In spite of all that, though, I think this was a pretty good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment