Saturday, March 10, 2012

Luke - 4.5

Lane Opener 3000m, 9:14.93 (10th place)
Went with my mom up to Lane Community College so she could see me race. They didn't have a 5000m, so I had to make do with a 3000. I didn't time it very well and ended up getting a short warmup and didn't use the bathroom or do leg swings and only limited strides.
On the start line the guy next to me said he was pretty sure he knew everyone in the race (25 people) except me. I have actually gone on two runs with him (10+ people each time and we didn't run together or anything) so he knew everyone. He asked my name and when I told him he said "Oh I heard you ran a fast 5000 last weekend." So that was pretty cool that people I barely know heard about that.
My plan for the race was to PR in the mile and then kick the last 1400m. I didn't really have a plan. I went out somewhat fast and tried to keep going fast. My splits ended up being 71, 72, 73, 73, 74, 76, 75, 36. I was happy that the average was faster than my average lap from the 5000, but the last 200 was slower and the time is, of course, a much weaker performance. It was cold and windy, and 3000s are too short. No more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment