Sunday, March 25, 2012

Steve - 9.16

68:13 (7:27)

I wanted to run with the Nike group in Santa Monica but I got there a few minutes after they left. It was raining some but I figured it would probably stop after a while. Well it started pouring and I decided I would just keep going. I was running on grass mostly so my shoes were getting pretty soaked. When I hit my turnaround point, I decided to take my shirt off since it weighed like 3 lbs. I think I also picked it up considerably (partially cuz the 2nd half is slight downhill) and because I wanted to finish the run quickly. I think a run in tough conditions like this really shows one's resolve. I was glad that I hung with it and ended up probably doing the fastest pace for a long run I have done for several months.

First half was in 35:xx so that means second half 33:xx.

1 comment: