Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chris - 2.75

20:58 - 7:37 pace

I didn't feel like I ran nearly this fast, which is weird. Enjoyed the sun though; it was about 65* when I ran during lunch.

So I have a huge problem...I was hoping taking some time off would help heal my shin enough that I could run on it without too much pain. This tactic didn't work. Like, at all. I was not even 100 ft away from my office and my shin started to hurt. It warms up a bit so I don't have to limp so much during the run, but it aggravates it so I end up limping a little afterwards just from walking. I don't want to stop running because I'll fall into horrible shape....but it hurts to run and I'm sure it's not good to limp through miles and miles - I'd probably end up injuring something else.

Any suggestions? This sucks!

2 comments:

  1. I would recommend doing some sort of cardio activity that doesnt hurt it for awhile. Like biking or swimming. Is it a deep shin bruise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I might try biking. I'm not sure how a deep shin bruise would feel...the bruise is on the lower part of that little knot at the top of the shin, just below the knee cap. I'm fairly sure it's a bone bruise because there's no discoloration visible on the skin.

    ReplyDelete