Sunday, January 15, 2012

Luke - 12

12mi, 1:45:02 (8:45)
Zack and I headed up to Fox Hollow road to get in a long run on rolling hills. It had been snowing off and on all weekend, and was really coming down as we were driving up there. We decided to take advantage of the snow by going to the top of the Butte. We started by going downhill on a road for a mile, then back up. From there we went into the trails, all the way up to the top of the Butte. We had a gel real quick and then headed back down to the road. We figured we'd done just under seven miles at that point so we headed out the road to get another five in to make twelve. The snow was pretty deep (by that I mean a couple inches) where we were running, and it made for nice soft footing. We were about nine miles total into the run when my stomach started hurting, and it felt like my legs and everything were tired but after a pitstop I was feeling great and I realized my stomach hurting makes it seem like everything's hurting. I now have a doctor's appointment scheduled for January 27th, so hopefully I can get some help in that area...if so I think I'll see a ridiculous improvement in my running.

No comments:

Post a Comment