Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Luke - 6.5

6.5mi, 55:02 (8:28)
Rexius with Zack. I put a yam in the oven before we left, but when I got home I realized that I'd turned it to 375º but hadn't actually put it on bake. So instead we went to Mezza Luna, and ordered a few slices...when we went to pay the guy told us it'd be $7 total between the two of us, because they were closing soon and they'd've thrown it out anyway...and then they also had a pizza someone had ordered and not picked up, so they gave that to us for free too! It was good, too: chicken sausage, peppers, spinach, and gorgonzola. Serendipitous meal.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very satisfying 'made to be' story. Congratulations on the free food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yam incident is better than the opposite. A month back the wife was boiling some water and left the stove top heat on high on all night. I didn't realize cuz she usually has the fan on when the heat is on. The next morning when I went into the kitchen and it smelled awful. The water probably evaporated after about 10 minutes. Since the heat was on for like 8 hours, the pan was burned beyond recognition. A few days later I pulled a similar stunt with a different pan. I turned the rear burner on instead of the front burner by mistake. The rear burner had a pan that for some reason had a plastic spoon on it. (Yes we use plastic sometimes. Fuck doing dishes). Anyway after about 10 minutes I came to check on the soup that I thought was heating in the front pan and I smelled something awful. There was some white goo on the rear pan and it took me a minute to realize that it was actually the remnants of a plastic spoon. Ah the thrills of married wife! If anyone actually finished reading these rivoting short stories, I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops meant to say "married life" not "married wife".

    ReplyDelete