Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luke - 9

23' w/u; 3x1600m, 400r: 5:04, 5:05, 5:03; 25' c/d.
Happy with this workout. I was hoping for 5:10 or better but wasn't expecting to even hit that. I worked 4-4 Wednesday and today and hadn't gotten enough sleep. Also didn't run at all on Wednesday (when I was planning on doing this workout). Warmup was somewhat slow and I didn't think I'd have too good of a workout. Came through the first 800 in 2:31 and didn't feel bad so I kept it up. Had thought of doing 4 repeats, but after the third one (closed in 73 or 74) I had some real good hurtin' going on so I wrapped it up. The cooldown was good, after a half a mile or so I didn't feel like death, and I didn't cut it short as I so often do. All in all pretty good, especially all alone...bodes well for my next race (track 5000 on March 3 is the plan).

No comments:

Post a Comment