Thursday, July 19, 2012

Luke - 12

Ran the Peak Challenge 10k as a workout.  Did a fartlek of two minutes hard, one minute easy, the whole way.  The course went up a hill for a mile, back down the hill, then on the bike path for a mile, then repeated.  The second time was pretty tough--it was hot and a bit windy which added to a tough workout on a tough course.  Near the end I was doing my fast portion for the entirety of a marked quarter mile on the bike path, and ran an 84; I was wanting to be around 5:30 pace, so I think I did well.
Afterwards had a couple slices of pizza in addition to a thing of water and a thing of gross sports drink.  I don't think there were any awards...at any rate I didn't win (the guy who did was actually faster than me and most likely would have had little trouble beating me even if I had raced it) and I didn't stick around since I needed to cool down by jogging home.

No comments:

Post a Comment