Thursday, July 26, 2012

Luke - 6.25

OTC All-Comers 3k Steeplechase, 10:24.98 (3rd place)
My yearly-ish steeplechase at Hayward Field.  Started out a bit too slow so I didn't know what place I was until after finishing.  Passed a lot of people throughout the race.  The regular hurdles were fine but I didn't have enough energy to do anything with the water jump so that was always slow and tough.  Right after the final water jump a guy came flying past me and I was unable to match his kick.  Probably would have been clear of him and the rest of the field except the first place runner, who was about 20 seconds in front of anyone, if I had gone out at a reasonable speed.
Splits were 44 (start line to finish line, no hurdles), 86, 83, 82, 82, 83, 84, 78.
There's video here, although the camera work is pretty crappy so you can't really follow the race or anything.  I'm in red shorts and a black t-shirt.
Warmup was a little over a mile (house to track plus a little more), and after the race I went home and dropped off my spikes and then did a mile on Amazon for an extra 2.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment