Saturday, July 21, 2012

Luke - 14

14mi, 1:49:29 (7:49)
Was out camping at Little Cultus Lake for the weekend with Zack and our friend Matt.  We planned on doing an easy 5 or so and then doing 7 or 8 in the evening, but at 3-4 miles in we decided to just go 14.  I had planned on that distance for my long run on Sunday, and just figured I'd do it one day early and then go easy on Sunday.  We ran on some great trails through the woods, past a lake or two, and just did an out and back.  We hadn't had much breakfast and I hadn't taken a gel or anything since we had only planned on 5, and in the last few miles I was a little hungry and a lot dehydrated.  I was falling back of Zack and Matt with about 3 miles to go, and after a mile I gritted my teeth and caught back up and pushed the pace a little just so we could be done with it.  When we got back I had about a liter of water and then we got in the lake for a minute before making a ton of pancakes.
Splits were 55:48 out and 53:40 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment