Friday, February 22, 2013

Luke - 11.75

11.75mi, 100' (8:30)
(Happened to stop my watch at exactly a hundred minutes.)
Did the loop I did twice a couple weeks ago...into Relentless Hills, cross 30th to Lane Community College, take the trails under the power lines South, then West, end up on Dillard, down the trail to Center Street, back home via Rexius and Amazon.
When I got to the main entrance into the Relentless Hills area there were a couple signs up saying No Trespassing and stuff, which is annoying.  It's such a good system of trails, it would be a shame if it all got closed off.
As I was getting to Bloomberg Park there were a couple trucks on the road and I saw a woman, then another woman with a dog...and then about 30 dogs showed up and they were all barking and running at me.  I just stopped and was calm, ready to kick any of them that needed it.  The two women were all freaking out  (mad, not scared) and yelling at the dogs, and I walked toward the road as the dogs surrounded me.  Some of them were jumping up a bit and one was I think trying to bite my ass but I was able to gently keep them all down.  The ladies were not in control at all, and were yelling things like "Roxy God Dammit get back here right now!" and "Willow you are NOT helping!"  They never said anything to me at all.  I was walking for about fifty meters before the last of the dogs finally went back to the trucks and I hopped over the gate into the park and continued on my run.

1 comment:

  1. I get that the immediate issue is to stop the dogs, but still, not saying anything to you seems rude. Animals do their own thing but if you're out with them, take at least some responsibility for what they do. It's like its easier to loudly chastise the dogs than apologise to you, another (gasp!) human being. Often a cute animal is a good catalyst for starting a conversation with someone but here they're using it as a reason NOT to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete