Sunday, May 12, 2013

Luke - 13

13mi, 96:33 (7:25)
Went out for a long run with Zack and Thomas.  Started on Pre's Trail and went out to Springfield, did a couple loops, one on a trail and one in a trailer neighborhood, and came back.  I felt okay for the first five miles, then felt sick, as I have the last few weeks.  I let Zack and Thomas go about halfway through and jogged in a good bit of discomfort for a few miles.  Found a bathroom at about mile 10, and after using it felt way better than I expected.  Almost immediately I got down to 6:30 pace, then dropped it to 6-flat pace.  Settled into 6:30-6:45 pace for the last couple miles (on bark) and didn't finish too far behind my compatriots.  Was very glad that I didn't end up walk/jogging the last 4-5 miles.  Afterward, Zack and I got milkshakes at Prince Pückler's, which was key.

No comments:

Post a Comment