Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Luke - 9.1

9.1mi, 68:41 (7:32)
Fox Hollow plus the stream crossing on the way down.  7:48 up, 7-flat pace on the way home (last 3.5 miles).  Run was just a little longer than normal because there was a track meet going on at the high school so I had to go around.  Glad I was able to give it a decently-hard effort, but my legs were certainly feeling it in the last half-mile.
I have a beer mile this Saturday, the Ridgeline Ramble on the 25th, then the Dirty Half Marathon in Bend two weeks after that.  I probably won't feel great for the beer mile but it's short enough that I should be able to at least have some fun and maybe scare 6-flat if I don't throw up.  I won't be 100% for the RR but I hope to feel somewhat strong...we'll see what the competition is like there, and maybe use it as a practice race for the Dirty Half.  Would like to do well out there (it's a pretty competitive one usually) but things haven't quite gone as planned the last few weeks.  Kinda wish I hadn't done the Eugene Half, but I felt like I had to since it was a free entry, and for whatever reason I didn't think it would take as much out of me as it did.  Really just looking forward to a high-mileage summer, and I think I should be able to stay healthy since the only races I have planned between June 9 and August 29th are a 5k and a 10k.  We shall see.

1 comment: