Sunday, May 12, 2013

Steve - 2.3

200 meter repeats again today but with only 1 minute (standing) recovery this time (versus nearly 2 minutes last week). I wanted to get to at least 8, which I did. However, times slipped a little as I went. I have the time comparisons versus last week. I wore regular running shoes (probably 1.75 as heavy as my Nike Frees). So that in combination with less rest explains the times I think. The legs didn't feel as heavy as last time. Maybe cuz I was running slower times or I'm getting into better shape.

I want to add a run or two this week. Last week I didn't do a Tues or Wed track workout but I did an easy 3. So I want to do at least 3 runs this week. Although I'll miss this workout cuz I'll be in Princeton for a wedding. I guess I'll have to find a nearby track and maybe drag my brother out again.  Basketball is over now so I should get on it. I have only 18 days to get ready for my 215 800. I think I decided I'm going to do it at midnight on my birthday. The only trick will be to convince other crazy people to come to the track and run with me.

32.4 (-.1)
33.8 (+.8)
33.7 (+1.5)
34.2 (+1.7)
33.9 (+.4)
34.8 (+1.6)
34.8 (+.5)
34.7 (+1.2)

~3 min wup. (although I did drills and strides)
~1 mi cd in 9:11


2 comments:

  1. Colors?!? Whoa, this blog is getting fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yep. I wanted it to be easy for our vast readership to note the differences with the last workout.

    ReplyDelete