Sunday, May 5, 2013

Steve - 4

Ran with this new smaller track group the for the second time. Workout called for 200 repeats with 200 meter jog/walk in between. All in one set. We ended up taking a longer recovery than planned (a little less than 2 minutes on average). But I really needed it. I felt pretty good and ran every single one in 34 or faster (in my ancient Nike Frees). I could only muster 8 before I felt like I was starting to lose my speed. The 7th one was my slowest so I ripped the shirt off for the 8th and banged out one more good one. I should add a little mileage this week. But I feel like my routine of 2 speed workouts a week and a full-court basketball game is getting in me pretty good shape. We had a physical at work the other day and my pulse was 42. I was bragging to everyone that  it was the lowest pulse ever recorded at one of these things and that 42 or lower is usually the number that olympic caliber athletes have. I'm an asshole.

about a mile wup
32.5
33.0
32.5
32.5
33.5
33.2
34.3
33.5
10 min cd

No comments:

Post a Comment