Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chris - 5.04

41:23 - 8:12 pace

Well I thought the 3 days off from running would help my energy. Although I did play 18 holes yesterday with my dad, and shot an 88 - one of my best scores ever! It could've been an 86 pretty easily, I missed two very makable par putts on the 17th and 18th holes. Plus, I waited until it was 11am and nearing 70* to do my route, so I'm sure running in the heat didn't help things. I tried nose breathing here and there today too.

Almost forgot - on the last 1/4 of my run as I was just finished crossing an intersection, this guy yelled out of the passenger side of a Mazda, "Hey put a shirt on!". I was very happy in how quickly I turned my head and gave him a nice "F**k you!" as I continued running. Afterwards I briefly worried that with so many other cars around there might be some little kid around, but I decided it was worth it to say something instead of not.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Chris!

    I like to avoid going shirtless when I'm outdoors. Partly because of self-consciousness, and partly because of a possibly silly feeling that it seems unfair that men can unleash their horrid torsos on the world but women can't without being arrested. I don't mean I wish girls would go around without tops on, because obviously that's not going to deal with any issues of gender inequality - just saying it seems an unfair double standard. I guess it's not really relevant to running though because for women that would be really physically uncomfortable.

    Can't think what your drivers problem was though. I bet he was ugly.

    ReplyDelete