Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Luke - 8.75

8.75mi, 61:41 (7:02)
Fox Hollow...no Zack today because he flew back home tonight. I decided when I got out the door that I would try to beat my PR on this run. I figured since the trails were less muddy and I hadn't pushed right from the start on that day that I might be able to do it. Was hitting 6:20s on the flat bark trail on the way out; started feeling the run when I started up the hill, and managed only 8:13 up it. I was at 30:16 at the top, and even though I remembered I was at 30:30 at the same point on my PR-setting run I knew I didn't have enough left in me to get the record. Downhill was 6:27, followed by a very tough 6:58 mile on the bark, and then the wind picked up to join in on the beating the sun was giving me, and I struggled home in about 7:40 pace. That 56-minute PR is going to be tough to ever beat again; I can't believe I ever went that fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment