Sunday, July 18, 2010

Steve - 4.5

5k race! Luke's plan suggested a 2 or 3k TT. I decided to do a 2 mile TT and then cruise in the final mile. I wanted to hit 2 miles at 12:00. The course was pretty awful. You run about .3 miles in one direction, turn around, run .7 miles, turn around and run back to the first turn, and then back to the start line. I hit the first mile at 6:00 in 5th place, feeling pretty good. Hit mile at 12:28, and I figured the course was wrong since it didn't feel like I slowed down that much. I slowed down considerably and cruised the 3rd mile. Somehow my time was 6:11 for the third mile so I knew the course was all wrong. I hit the final 200 in 25 seconds for a time of 19:04. No doubt the course was short, but I felt good, like I could have kept the pace going from the first 2 miles.

1.4 mi wup
5k race

No comments:

Post a Comment