Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alison - 3.1

Distance: 5K; Time: 26:13; Locale: Treadmill

Today I did my first 5K after recovering from a knee injury. My time today of 26:13 was at least 3 mins above my official race 5K time of 23:09 and my unofficial treadmill time of 21+. The first mile was the most difficult, and I could have easily gone for another two miles was it not for time constraints.

I am going to run again tomorrow after my pilates class because this exercise lengthens the muscles and this always helps me run. It's like stretching your limbs for an hour. A lot of guys take pilates too, so I suggest you might take a class sometime.

I am going to try to run outside tomorrow because it's nearly April and it will be getting too hot to run outside very soon. My plan for tomorrow is to run for as long as I can - I've done mostly interval training lately and tomorrow I am ready to start amping up my distance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment