Saturday, March 28, 2009

Steve - 3.5

Hit the track today for my mile time trial and a little interval work. The mile was pretty slow. Came in at 6:20 (1:30, 1.35, 1:39, 1:36). I didn't kill myself on the mile, so I wouldn't call it all out. My legs still had some juice left in the end, so I think mentally I am still holding back for some reason. Anyway, it pretty much matched my expected time according to McMillan. A 6:20 mile equals 21:56 5K. I ran a 22:04 5K 3 weeks ago. I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't improved much on that time, but we'll see what actually happens when i run a 5K next week. I also did two 400s. They were slow as hell, at least compared to what I used to bang out. 1:28 for the first, 1:23 for the second. They weren't sprints, but more like 85-90 percent effort. I'm working up to doing full speed sprints, but I don't want to overdo it and get injured. Tomorrow I'm going to run for about an hour slow and see how it far it takes me.

4 comments:

  1. Did you do the mile in your training shoes or some flats/spikes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trainers on a dirt track. My calf and achilles are still hurting a little. I didn't want to risk popping it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's easily worth sub-6 in spikes on rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good. i was kind of worried cuz 6:20 isnt too fast. at least my splits were relatively even, so I'm trying to do it the right way instead of just blazing the first lap and then holding on for dear life at the end

    ReplyDelete