Friday, March 27, 2009

Luke - 14.25

am - 10mi, 73:18 (7:19)  Felt pretty good.
pm - 4.25mi, 33:50 (7:57)  Hadn't exactly planned on running, but I was bored so I went on a short 10pm run.  Luckily the bark trail has a lighted mile til midnight.

I'm thinking about spending the next couple weeks doing a bit less mileage and sharpening up, then doing some races in April and May, then getting on a Lydiard-type schedule to peak in May of next year.  That would basically entail a "base" phase of 7-8 months, a "hill" phase of one month, a bunch of speedwork for 2½ months, which is divided into "anaerobic development" and "anaerobic coordination", then 2 weeks of "peaking" which is pretty much a taper...then I'd (supposedly) have somewhere between 1 and 6 weeks of racing at my peak before I'd start the year-long cycle over again.
The main race I'd want to peak for next year would be Bloomsday (12k in Spokane, WA, where I grew up), and there are a few 10ks and 5ks in the weekends following it, and a couple fun races (Ridgeline Ramble, a 12-mile trail run on Memorial Day every year, and the Eugene Challenge Mile, an evening race that usually has some fast people in it and is I think the first weekend each June) that I might be able to hold my peak for.  Anyway that is all crazy long-term but it would help me get some structure now, since I don't really know what I'm doing lately.  And I am thinking of maybe going up to Spokane for Bloomsday this year just for fun and so I can compare this year to next year if I end up actually doing it.
I'll let you guys know what I end up doing, of course.  Might do that Mile time-trial this weekend, we'll see.

1 comment: