Sunday, March 29, 2009

Luke - 6.5

Did a mile time trial.  It was really windy, but I'm glad I started when I did--during my mile it was sunny; cooling down 15 minutes later it was hailing.  I've had a bad cough the last few days (I've enjoyed telling people, "Yeah, ever since I started smoking I've been coughing like crazy; I can't figure it out!") and it really came out when I started breathing heavily.  Also about 120 meters into it a bug flew in my eye.  And my shoe came untied about halfway through.
Splits: 72, 76, 78, 74
Total: 5:02
A bit slower than I'd've liked but I'm sure I'll get better.  I think I need to do strides after my runs more often.  It will be interesting getting used to doing track workouts again...it's been a while.

5 comments:

  1. nice bell lap. how did you feel after you crossed the line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely out of breath. My breathing (slash coughing) held me back and I felt like my legs, though not tired, couldn't go any faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know about you but my abs are sore from the speedwork on Saturday. That running must recruit from the abs a lot and I am really feeling it now. Are you feeling it as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't felt that. On that topic, though, I've started back up doing situps and pushups at night before I go to bed. I never know if it helps my running, but I'll look slightly better anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And then Aliens came and took me away. And then, they dropped me off, but took my shoes."

    ReplyDelete