Sunday, March 29, 2009

Steve - 7.5

After getting some good news last night about my math course, I was primed for my run today. It was an overcast morning in Manhattan Beach. Perfect conditions for me to bang out my easy long run. It went pretty well, as I started really slow, and then picked up the pace as the miles piled up. I closed really strong and felt great at the finish. I could have kept going for a few more miles(at a slower pace), but 7.5 miles was enough to get in a quality workout. My achilles and right calf are both pretty tight but only I notice when I try to stretch them out. Will try to get in more eccentric calf raises and ab work this week.Total time was 68:13(9:05 pace). Splits are below...

9:58, 9:34, 9:15, 9:23, 9:19, 8:40, 8:15, 3:46 (800m)

2 comments:

  1. Yeh man this is the type of run I absolutely must do every week to really improve. Next I wanna go sub 21 in my 5K. I'm thinking I'm going to take two days off from running on Monday/Tuesday since I ran 11 miles in 2 days. Then I'll do a fartlek or tempo 4-5 miler on Wednesday and then a steady state 5 on Thursday, then a day off, and 2 miles easy on Saturday. Then 20:55 5K on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete