Monday, March 30, 2009

Luke - 12.75

am - 3.25mi, 26:23 (8:07)  So cold at 6am.  Bark trail was frozen.
pm - 9.5mi, 71:54 (7:34)  A lot warmer.  5x100m strides on the track at the end of the run.

I had been planning on doing the Oregon (half-)Marathon Relay with Chris, me doing the 10k and 6k legs and him doing the middle 5k leg, but he opted instead to come down for the Eugene Marathon 5k.  This turned out to be a fortunate development, as I think I've convinced my roommate and his girlfriend to run the relay with me instead!  They have been running about 2 miles 4-5 times a week lately, and will let me know on Friday if they can for sure do it.  I'm pretty optimistic.  I'd be running the 10k leg, roommate the 6k leg, and his girlfriend the 5k leg.  We'd joked that my 10k time might be able to beat their 5k/6k times, but I think they will both be under a half hour, and I am hoping for low- to mid-34s.
After talking about the relay, they said that for their run today they'd do the long (1-mile) loop on the bark trail instead of the short (1-kilometer) loop they usually do.  On my run I was doing a couple loops on that trail myself, and I saw the two of them up ahead of me so I caught up to them.  I was about 20-30 meters behind them when they got to the place where the trail splits, and I saw them hesitate and almost take the short loop, then go onto the long loop, so I called out in my best coaching voice, "Good choice!"  It was pretty funny.  I ran the rest of the loop with them at about 9:30 pace.
The relay is April 11th (the day before Easter) and the 5k is May 2nd.  I have been working on my schedule and it's coming together pretty well; I'm glad to have some structure, and I have faith that it will do me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment