Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Steve - 7.65

Mile time trial with the Flyers. Left work late and only had time for a quick warmup. Did about a mile and then a series of striders just in time for the beginning of the trial. I was shooting for a 5:30, which is like 4 82.5s. I wanted to run right at 83 for the first lap. I was right under it, hitting 82 for my first 400. I took the lead of my group at that point as I felt the pace was starting to lag. A lot of the fast guys weren't there this week, so there was only one guy about 5-10 sec ahead. Running in the lead was tough and I fell off pace in the second lap, 84. I felt like the group behind me was losing ground on me as well. The third lap always sucks and for me it was no different. I didn't need to look at my watch to see I had slowed significantly. Legs were starting to burn a bit, but crossing the 1200m point gave me a bit of a boost. I felt footsteps behind me as we rounded the first turn and one guy caught me and passed me as we approached the final 200. I put together one final push and hit the line in 5:37, a 84 final lap. Not too bad. I was pretty happy with it. The guy who passed me thanked for me setting the pace and said he thought I would catch him. Wasn't in the cards for me on this day. After a short 400 recovery, I towed the line for a set of 3 1600s. It was tough with only a few minutes of recovery. My first 400 was like 1:37, but I picked it up and ran a respectable 6:17. I was feeling it pretty bad by the time I had to do the second one, but I had enough gas in the tank to run 6:19 without killing myself. Third one was pretty brutal and I clocked a 6:30. Not good that I slowed down, but considering it was a pretty tough workout with the TT, it's ok.

1mi wup in 9:00
1mi (1609m) in 5:37 (82, 84, 87, 84)
3x1600 w/400 rec (6:17, 6:19, 6:30)
1.9 mi cd in19:55

1 comment: