Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chris - 2.45

22:37 - 9:13 pace

Ran with P-A through the streets around his apartment in Hartford, CT. We wanted to run in the morning before it got too hot and muggy. He's trying to get back into decent shape and lose some lbs, so the going was a little slow as he was hurting pretty good the last half. I kept pulling ahead of him, so I decided a little after the halfway point to turn around and run back a bit, then turn around and book it to catch up to him - lengthen out the strides and whatnot. When I caught up to him he said his place was just 3 blocks straight down the street, so I hightailed it there and cooled off while I waited. He said he normally runs up the steps to his place on the 10th story, bu his calves were pretty tight so he walked it. I started my watch again and ran up them as fast as I could. Did every other step for 6 flights, then hit every step for the last 4. I haven't run stairs in forever...I think that got my heart rate going more than the run did!

Great weather here though, I took off my shirt halfway through the run with great joy! Although I'm sure I stood out like a sore thumb to the predominately black population of the neighborhood P-A lives in - tall, skinny white guy flying along in bright green and yellow shoes.

Also, I am rereading Once A Runner to get myself psyched up to get in great shape once I get back home. I had slightly forgotten how awesome this book is.

No comments:

Post a Comment