Monday, May 31, 2010

Zack - 12

12 miles 94:42 (7:53)

Went up into the hills near Moon Mountain on a modified route of Luke and I's "relentless hills". I took a few alternate single tracks and meadows with nearly constant climbing for the first 35 min to get to turnaround point high on the ridge. It was incredibly wet and muddy, I even fell once coming down in some extremely overgrown grass and mud. No pain, just lots of mud. Even though there wasn't a soul around, I smiled to myself and kept going. I took some downhill paths to where I thought was the right direction back into town, but ended up getting lost on the winding dirt paths in the trees and ended up having to climb back up to higher ground. I was at about 1 hr already and needed to start making progress back home. I eventually got to a point where I knew and then followed a well-manicured gravel/dirt trail over to the back of Hendricks Park. It started to rain more heavily and I kept going up some rollers eventually back to Birch Ln. and lots of downhill back home. I didn't necessarily intend to go on a such a long, hilly run but with the fresh legs from yesterday's day off, I figured why the hell not. Hard to estimate how much vertical during the run, but I would say maybe 1000'? Certainly took advantage of the rare day off school/work!

Monthly total: 189.9 mi in May, up from 162 mi in April which at that time was the highest ever. 556 miles on the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment