Sunday, May 9, 2010

Steve - 8

66:46 (8:21)

This was one of the best runs I have had this year. I ran on the wood chips trail in Manhattan Beach and it was Fantastic. I focused on short, quick strides and gradually increased my stride length without really thinking about it. Usually when I run consecutive days, one or both of my legs ache during my run. But today, I didn't get that usual pain. I think it's cuz I was really relaxed and smooth. Just trying to run like the Raramuri.

Anyway, if I do an out-and-back, it's 7.5 miles, as you may now. So I decided to tack on an extra .25 mile loop in the middle, so I could make it an even 8. I also decided to run hard in the last mile. After a decent progression, I totally crushed the last mile to the tune of 6 minutes and 41 segundos! In case you are wondering, I live really close to the city El Segundo. Pun anyone! Oh I guess that's not really a pun, but whatever. I couldn't think of anything better.

Splits:
8:57, 8:41, 8:46, 8:36, 8:32, 8:16, 8:17, 6:41

No comments:

Post a Comment