Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zack - 6.5

49:48 (8:01)

Ridgeline Ramble 20K relay with Luke. I ran the first 10km leg from Blanton Rd. to Fox Hollow, down the climb and then back up. I was optimisitic despite having been running high mileage through this race. I went out fairly hard up the initial hill and into the switchbacks. I was running with a few people and then settled into the same pace as ultrarunner Jenn Shelton, from Born to Run. She ended up passing after we chatted a little, around mile 3. I was flying although this quickly ended as I went past the Willamette Trailhead. I reached the Fox Hollow parking lot and knew I didn't have too much in the legs today. I struggled down and then back up on the Hollow (16th time up this 500' climb on the year) but gave it a strong effort with what I had. My heart rate was through the roof as I finished! Not my best day, however I didn't let the couple guys behind pass me and held them off before I handed off to Luke. The pace is laughable but this 10km route is no joke, maybe ~700-800 ft + of climbing in the route. Lots of fun with post-run burritos and chocolate milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment