Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chris - basketball game

50 minutes up and down a court

I decided to post because James and Alison were posting about walking and running 100m a couple months ago, so this should count =P. Plus I haven't posted in awhile because I tweaked my back playing 3 on 3 on the 7th, and then made it worse during our game last Sunday. I was facing away from the basket and the guy that was guarding me forearmed me in the left side of my back, so now I have this weird sore strain thing going on. Anyway, today we were ahead at halftime! Unfortunately hardly anyone showed up, so we had no substitutes. So in the second half they started playing zone and running down for easy layups because my teammates don't know how to play help defense (or shoot).

I had told my buddy from work that I thought I needed to score at least 20 for us to win, and I think I was about right...minus the tons of easy layups they got in the second half we could've beat them (I finished with 24). My dad came to watch and keep track of everyone's points, so that was cool. He was usually my coach growing up, so it's fun when he comes to see me play now that I'm older (and also see how gawd awful the refs can be, hah). My lack of running and basketball playing this week due to my back injury was very obvious though. I was completely gassed in the 2nd half. Here's to hoping it heals up quicker this week and is better by next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment