Saturday, May 1, 2010

Steve - 6.67

53:58 (8:05)

Same run as last Saturday plus an extra small loop around the park. I bought some raw chia seeds the other day that I read about in Born to Run. Supposed to be like a super healthy energy gel. You mix 1/3 of a cup of the seeds with 2 cups of water. They absorb the water and the whole mixture turns into a gel after a few minutes. I tried a few spoonfuls, but didn't really notice that much of a difference. Maybe I didn't get as tired or dehydrated, but I'm not really sure. Also threw in some strides and backward strides at the end.

Splits for 3 hill out-and-backs were 7:06(8:40 pace), 6:48 (8:18), and 6:14(7:36)

4 comments:

  1. I love chia seeds! They really are weird you put in the water; I like watching it. I usually put them into a smoothie for some killer protein and energy; I feel like I am noticing a difference, but then I do put a ton of kale into my protein smoothies also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you buy yours online? They are like $8 a bag here, which slays me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get them from Whole Foods in the bin. it's like 6 dollars a pound i think. They don't always have them but yeh they are super expensive if you buy them in any other way from a store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh thanks so much, I will definitely do that the next time I am in there.

    ReplyDelete