Sunday, May 16, 2010

Steve - 8.9

It was perfect weather for the Santa Monica Classic 10k. I was wearing my Asics Sortie Super Magic 2s for the first time in a race. I started out a bit too slow on the first mile and I knew I would have a lot to make up in the next 5.2 Sped up a bit on the second mile, but I got lulled to sleep on the gradual uphill 3rd mile. 4th mile was a tough uphill, but I fought through it. I tried to gain back what I could on the downhill 5th mile. I didn't get individual splits, but I kept a pretty good pace. I knew sub 40 was out of the question, but I just wanted to have a respectable finish. In mile 6, I repulled the muscle in my stomach that bothered me in the half marathon last year. I had to hold it with my right arm cuz the pain was so bad. I was able to pick it up a bit when I could see I was about a half mile out and crossed the line in 41:35. I'm not thrilled with the time, but it was a tough course, so I'll take it.

1.80 mi wup in 17:12
41:35 10k (6:38, 6:35, 6:49, 13:18, 6:59, 1:16(final .20)
.9 mi cd in 10:18

2 comments:

  1. Oh man that sucks you repulled a stomach muscle. That can't be a relatively comfortable injury...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh im not exactly sure what it is. it seems to pop up when i run hard for more than 30 minutes. i hadn't felt it since the half marathon last year, but it's excruciating. your record is safe for now...

    ReplyDelete