Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Steve - 8.12

Track workout with the Flyaz. A fellow Flya suggested we run a 3200 and a 1600 and I thought it sounded like a good idea. My goal was to run around my goal 10k race pace(6:25). I wanted to start a bit slower than race pace on the first mile of the 3200 and then ratchet it up for the next mile. I went out a little slow, but rebounded nicely on the second mile. For the 1600 I wanted to hit 95 second 400s and I was right on pace each lap, closing in a 94. I feel like I am ready for a 39:59 effort. One more easy run on Saturday this week before the Santa Monica Classic 10k on Sunday. I did a long barefoot cooldown because I wanted to hit 8 miles for the day and it felt great.

2.1 mi wup in 19:39
3200 in 12:57 (6:34, 6:23)
1600 in 6:19
2x400 recovery
2.52 mi barefoot cd in 24:11

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're getting some good mileage in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh feeling good too. been consuming a lot more calcium and eating more vegetables the last few weeks. I think that might be making a difference. i hope to join you in the 40+ club in a matter of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I need to start eating better. Now that I am actually starting work (really this time) I should have the money to buy things like vegetables.
    Zack has been in the 40s most weeks lately too, just too lazy to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you and zack doing the Ridgecrest Rambling Rambler or whatever it's called?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I believe we will do the Ridgeline Ramble.

    ReplyDelete