Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chris - 5.04

41:04 - 8:08 pace

I had fully planned on running 3-4 times last week, but ended up being really busy. Driving range after work on Wed, basketball Thu, 9 holes after work on Fri, worked Sat 11-8 (I should have run during my lunch, but I was sore and tired from golf/bball), then went to a 'tinfoil hat' party after I got off work. Slept in Sunday and hung out with my nephew all day. Then I played 18 holes on Monday with my dad, and played horrible at that. We played at the hardest course in the Portland area...and I will never play there again, lol.

I'm planning on running in a 5k with a friend from work on the 14th, The Crawfish Crawl, which I also ran in last year. I don't know if I'll be able to run 19:30 again, but we'll see. I'd like to get in 15+ this week, and then 10 next week and take Thu/Fri off before the race on Saturday morning. After I'm done with the race I'm playing in my church's little annual 9 hole tournament scramble at King City G.C.

4 comments:

  1. what on earth is a tinfoil hat party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, never has an email comment more prompted me to immediately come see what the entry says!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A themed party where everyone makes tinfoil hats of whatever design they can think of. I modeled mine using the inside of my Red Sox hat, and drew a Boston 'B' on the front. The lady I work with that put on the party (2nd annual) used an old neck brace for her hat, and put a tinfoil rope around the outside of it that held some little plastic skeletons up. Another guy made a pretty awesome dreadlocks hat.

    One of the guys I work with made his out of a lampshade, and had a friend help him sew a beer holder/coozie to the top of his baseball hat - so when he put on the cap he put on the tinfoil lampshade with beer held in the top center spot on his head. The topper was that he had a small tube going from the beer to his mouth.

    Hopefully those descriptions made sense...it was a lot of fun at any rate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a tinfoil hat day in high school once...a friend of mine who was an awesome artist made this really cool tin foil viking helmet and gave it to me...I wish I still had it...

    ReplyDelete