Tuesday, September 13, 2011

James - 3.5

10:26
~26:00
-------
~36:26

Quite far, but really another easy run, which I felt necessary, involving slow pace and a break.

I recently started drinking Muscle Milk, and just the other day I came across this hilarious passage in a new zine I've been reading called No Gods, No Mattress (it's anarcho traveller-kid stuff) (and a play on the phrase "No Gods, No Managers"):
montell and i also wrote a hiphop song about muscle milk. as epic bros, we are totally into weight lifting, surfing, punching, and motherfuckin' brotein. we are also vegan. we do not drink milk. but muscle milk could be more organic. it comes from within us all. encouraging one to shake one's musclemilk and make it go da-na, da-na is not encouraging one to go buy some bullshit product, but to tap into their inner muscle milk and fuckin' work it like we're at a dance club non-consentually taking photos of you, but we would not really do that. we would, however, reclaim the term musclemilk. we are tired of seeing it used in such a derogatory way. those truckers in that flying j parking lot who were shaking their musclemilk on their way to and from their rigs were doing it all wrong.
I don't understand it all, but I do like it's flow and gist! (For the record, the author, I am pretty sure, is white and female, and often writes about male harassment and racism, so I doubt there's anything questionable here. Without that context it might seem otherwise.)

1 comment: