Friday, September 9, 2011

Luke - 8

23' w/u, 5x800m, 400r: 2:31, 2:28, 2:29, 2:29, 2:24; 19' c/d.

First speedwork in a long time. Felt okay. Wasn't breathing all that heavily on the first four, but didn't notice that until I was wheezing mightily with 150m to go on the last one.
During my workout the South Eugene HS football team was playing, I believe their first game of the year...as I was running I heard the announcer say it was the end of the first quarter and the score was 25-6 visitors...then as I was finishing up and heading home it was halftime and I saw the scoreboard and it was 50-6. Go team.

Zack and I have signed up for The Rogue Run Half Marathon, which is September 25th. It is five hours South of here and entry includes tickets into the Jackson County Harvest Festival, which if you've ever watched Parks and Recreation you know should be awesome. We're going to drive down and stop at The Oregon Vortex, and camp out the night before...I'm really looking forward to it; the course looks great and it seems to be run well too. My August mileage should help me do well, and I'm getting a few speed workouts in before then too, to sharpen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment