Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Luke - 12.4

12.4mi, 99:06 (7:59)
Ran with a guy who is faster than me (3:50 1500 a couple years ago) and showed him a bunch of trails.  Met him on campus and went down to Pre's Trail, back across the railroad tracks and up behind Hendricks Park, over The Wall and down the back side, through Bloomberg Park, across 30th, took the LCC jogging/hiking trail, then under the power lines behind LCC, over and up to hook up with Ridgeline, down the fun trail and over the ravine that used to have a bridge, then back on Rexius and home via Amazon.  The whole thing was definitely faster than if I'd gone alone--up a few of the killer hills in the first half I was pushing real hard just to keep up appearances.  Felt good, though, especially on the last few miles (we did about 6:50 pace on Rexius).  I haven't gone to the store in forever because I've been busy/tired, so there's not much food in the house...so really when I got home and had a bowl of chocolate ice cream plus a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter it was out of necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment