Saturday, April 13, 2013

Steve - 1.75

One mile warmup in 7:45. Did drills and a few 100 yard strides on the football field. Then I did two 400 meter repeats with full recovery. First one in 68 seconds. Second in 73 seconds. Walked another 400m recovery and then did 2x200m with 200m walk in between. I messed up the split on the first one but it was probably like 31 or 32 and then the second one was 33. I decided to finish up with one lap of sprint the straight, jog the curves. That has sort of become my go-to workout these days. I then knocked out 40 yards of lunges and some squat jumps and was on my way.

I'm trying to develop more speed and explosiveness in part because I'm playing in a bball league (who do I think I am, Chris?) and because I have dreams of running a fast 800 again. Without goals it's difficult to stay motivated so I figure I might as well have a totally unrealistic goal of running 800 meters in 2 minutes flat. I have a significant birthday approaching in about 47 days so I'm hoping I can get to like 2:15 or so by then. I did a time trial last Saturday in 2:45. I'm not sure that reflects my true shape right now but it's probably not that far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment