Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Luke - 7.5

7.5mi, 53:44 (7:09)
22.5' warmup, 3 miles alternating 85 and 100 per quarter, 12.5' cooldown.Headed to Amazon for a workout, and on the way there saw Thomas, who said he'd warm up with me and then maybe join in the workout.  At the end of the warmup he said he decided not to do it, and then we talked a bit more and each went to the bathroom and got some water.  I headed back to the trail and started the workout, and about 600m in Thomas caught up to me...apparently I'd misunderstood as he was going back and forth on wanting to do it and he actually had decided to tag along until he felt like quitting.
It was kind of hard to stay on the exact right paces but we were pretty close: 86, 94, 87, 101, 89, 99, 85, 103, 88, 98, 86, 100.  That 89 was because as we were starting the loop someone was coming toward Thomas on the trail and each runner went the same way and they ended up kinda stopping in front of each other and maybe colliding slightly.
Thomas ended up staying for the whole workout, which went by really fast.  Overall it was pretty easy, which is probably what I needed.  Half marathon on Sunday...it's not my A race or anything but I'll be giving it a good effort and hope to feel good coming through in a decent time.

4 comments:

  1. My goals are to feel good and to come through in a decent time. Can't you read?

    Fine, fine: I'll probably go out at like 5:45s (but really I'm going by feel) and see if I can drop it down the last 5k. Would be a bit disappointed if I'm too far over 76; I think 75:low is pretty realistic; a PR or even close to it would be surprising and awesome.
    Looking back at my post from my PR half it seems I finished a beer before 1:19, so hopefully I can beat that here. Depends on how far away from the finish the beer garden is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recap for the half? How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete