Friday, June 22, 2012

Luke - 16.5

16.5mi, 2:16 (8:14)
Ran, via Relentless Hills, out to the trails under the power lines behind Lane Community College, and at the point where I'd head West to get out to Ridgeline I went East instead.  I was planning on just going to the top of the hill I saw, but I kept on wanting to go just a little bit farther and a little bit farther, as the trail became less and less of a trail.  It was all wheat-type grass up to my knees but it was at least runnable.  I saw in the distance what I thought might be a road so I headed toward it to see if I could find a way back to 30th Ave (street with LCC on one side and Relentless Hills on the other), but I ended up coming to a power station with barbed-wire fences all around it and I had to turn back.  Followed the trail under the power lines a bit farther and ended up coming out on the other side of the power station, to the entrance, so I was able to run on the road at that point.  I didn't know what road it was or where it would lead, but eventually I came upon a nice bark trail and I hopped on it and a minute later found that I was back on the LCC campus.  I took the quickest way back, which was to cross the LCC track, and as I was doing so there was a security guard 50m off telling me I couldn't be on the track (the Olympic Trials athletes were using LCC as their training grounds for a couple weeks).  I told her not to worry about it or something and just kept going; I was heading off the track anyway and it's not like she was going to catch me.  Headed back through Relentless Hills and home, where I had to take a super-quick shower and grab a couple slices of leftover pizza as I headed out the door, because I was late and Zack and I wanted to check out the Olympic Trials.
Oh also this whole run it was pouring like crazy, so I looked especially haggard as I got home.  Also kinda funny that it was the hardest it had rained the whole year and it was the first day of the trials, so everyone coming into town got the worst Eugene had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment