Friday, June 15, 2012

Luke - 17

17mi, 2:23:33 (8:26)
Drove up to Blanton Road and parked at the far West end of Ridgeline.  Ran the usual way to Fox Hollow Road, then did the 1.6-mile loop before heading down the trail.  Near the bottom I added the loop that goes up another hill and crosses a stream, then when I got back to the base of Fox Hollow I took the little trail that goes over to the trail I found a couple days ago.  Took that up to Dillard and continued up to the top of Mount Baldy, then headed down to the East end of Ridgeline.  Did a hairpin turn just before the road and took the trail that goes around Mount Baldy back to Dillard.  Randomly found a good-sized pond I never knew was there.  From Dillard I headed back down the same trail back toward Fox Hollow, but instead of doing the regular Fox Hollow ascent, I did the steeper/shorter alternate route up, just to save .1 or .2 miles because I realized how long this run was going to be.  From Fox Hollow Road I went back the same way I came...the last three or four miles my legs were fairly toast.
This 17-mile run was pretty much all trail.  Crossed a road six times and ran on one for one or two tenths of a mile, but that was it.  The first four miles was the same route as the last four miles, and I went both up and down that new trail, but other than that there were no repeating trails.  Over ten miles of unique trails, not bad for one run.

2 comments: