Saturday, January 16, 2010

Alex - 2.78

19:44 (7:05)

Just wanted to make sure I got a quick one in today to help my body feel better about daily runs. This one was on The Strand.

This was an interesting week, my first week with furniture and a fridge in my apartment here in LA. I moved in with a friend who already lived here, but her last roommate had almost all of the furniture. My roommate bought all the new stuff, but we had to wait for it to get delivered.

So I spent my first week sitting on the floor and eating ramen and/or chili. Then this week I saw a commercial for the new season of LOST, a show I have never watched, and decided that I would watch the whole series before the new season begins. I have Netflix streaming through my PS3, so I could start immediately. You see, I thought if I was ever going to watch this show I didn't want it to be like Star Wars where I already knew that Darth Vader was Luke's father, Leia was Luke's sister, etc. etc.

So I began streaming LOST and embarrassingly completed the entire first season (25 episodes) in 2 days. I'm almost done with season 2 now and have 3 more to go before the end of the month. In between this LOST marathon I've been working and trying to get my body back in running shape. It was actually a really productive week because I forced myself to work way harder during the day to make up for how pathetically dedicated to LOST my nights were.

Also, I linked to this in one of my updates from a run earlier this week, but here is my "review" of sorts on the Nike Lunar Swift for those who are interested. If not, I can boil it down to this: I don't like them for running.

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried Nike Frees? They certainly aren't moonshoes, but they are pretty comfortable and lightweight. Luke and I both wear them. I use mine mostly for speed workouts or tempo runs, but I think Luke uses them for a lot of his mileage. Anyway, good luck finding the right shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nike employs the practice of discontinuing their best shoes. They know the runners that love them will stock up on a few pairs when they hear the news (and they will sell some at a higher price, like the iD version), so they'll make more money and they can release new shoes that the consumer will buy and fall in love with as well, and the cycle begins again.
    But yeah you can try the Frees. They discontinued the 3.0, which I liked, but the new version of the 5.0 is closer to the 3.0 than previous versions were (I still don't like it though). I am actually now in the Brooks T6 Racer (got them for Christmas), which is super lightweight and feels absolutely fantastic. If you can stand to go to a different brand, I definitely recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also I did the same thing with LOST, five seasons in two or three weeks, this last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now in Season 3, it's a disease, and I'm forming all kinds of theories and all the other stuff that people tend to do with this show. I feel cheap even referring to it as a "show".

    I really liked the Frees that I used to have, but I also really like being able to upload all of my runs to Nike Plus and use all of their tracking glory. Unfortunately the Frees aren't + enabled. I think I'll order some more Trainers when I get the scratch and hope to find another shoe I like next year. They got me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can just get the 6 dollar holder for the sensor and put it on top of your shoe. that's what i used to do. That way you dont have to get only Nike shoes...

    Try a search for Marware on amazon.com. For some reason I can't paste in a link in here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that Nike does that. I had this pair of basketball shoes in HS that fit me like a glove, and were aptly named Signatures or something. The sole looked like a fingerprint. Anyway, I'd kill to be able to buy another pair of them. No other shoe has fit me as snugly as those babies did.

    http://male-imelda-marcos.blogspot.com/2009/12/163-nike-air-signature-player.html

    ReplyDelete