Sunday, January 10, 2010

Steve - 3

25:44 (8:35) Mile splits of 9:33, 8:31, 7:40

This is the first real run I have done in a month. Headed out to the wood chips in Manhattan Beach. Knocked out a solid 3 miles. First mile was pretty slow, but I want to ease back into it. Felt pretty good for the most part. I'm thinking about joining a gym so I can start hitting the weights regularly too and maybe play some basketball a bit as well. Weather is getting a bit warmer out here and the sun is starting to set later so that kind of helps with motivation. I just need to get back into a new routine. Hopefully we can all get going again..

Also, I bought a pair of Asics GT-2140 a few weeks back. I had ordered some Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9s but they didn't fit so I sent them back. I went into the running store because I had a coupon for 15 dollars off and tried on a bunch of shoes. They had an older model of the 2140s I liked that was only about 80 bucks so I decided to roll with it. And then when I finally bought the shoes, I realized my coupon had expired a month ago. So it was kind of a waste because they dont usually have very good deals in the running stores, but I at least got to try on a bunch of different shoes. So the shoes seem to be working out. What is weird is I used to get 10.5 for these shoes a year or so ago, but now I need the 11. So either my foot grow or they changed the size of the shoe. Perhaps the latter is more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment