Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alison/James -- 3

We did three miles today: 1.5 miles down to James's school (is it James' or James's, Luke?) and then 1.5 miles back. We took the Pinellas Trail and it was so hard to run in the cold. It was 39*f outside, and in Florida, this is unheard of. James being from UK did fine, but it felt like my lungs were filled with dry ice.

I would say I need to buck up but don't really need to if it is just going to be 70* again next week. It felt good to get out and run though, working off the post-Christmas/NYE debauchery pudge.

We still need to take our Christmas tree down.

Love,
Alison & James

PS - James lives here now.

6 comments:

  1. "Global warming, my ass," is a common response you might hear to your description of the weather in Florida. But all smart liberal mind folks know the correct term is "global climate change."

    Anyway, glad to see you guys running and welcome to America, James. I heartily recommend you watch the movie Coming to America to familiarize yourself with our wonderful, awe-inspiring country.

    Anyway, if you haven't seen it, it's actually a pretty good comedy featuring Eddie Murphy at his peak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my link for the trailer in the last comment didn't work.

    here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYl6y8qGqw

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is "James's"! I used to think it was "James'" but I was WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it can be both ways, but I prefer Chris'. The extra "s" is redundant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strunk's Rules of Style is a bit old but still pretty much always right: http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk.html
    Wikipedia is, as usual, thorough, interesting, and bipartisan: http://tinyurl.com/ylerlfv

    ReplyDelete